ABC Store Prototype
Neighboring Concepts was chosen as architect of record to create a prototype design for new ABC stores to be built in Mecklenburg County. The client sought to improve the public image of local ABC Stores through a new, 6,000 square foot, prototype store design that combined a recognizable look with attractiveness and functionality. Neighboring Concepts took this opportunity to ensure the customer’s shopping experience would be a pleasing one, and took cues from fashion and jewelry retail environments for the new prototype.
Both customer and employee satisfaction were emphasized in the design of the store interior. For ease of viewing and circulation, shelves were laid out in wide-aisled, radial pattern around the semicircular, raised cash wrap. Wall shelves are angled toward the entering customer, with shelf backlighting and signage further emphasizing the product. A security office overlooks the store from behind the cash wrap. A warehouse, restrooms, and mixed beverage checkout area are located to the rear half of the store.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan