Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center is part of Phase II of The Renaissance, Charlotte Housing Authority and Laurel Street Residential’s redevelopment of a 40-acre former public housing site. The building is sited on axis with the main entrance of the neighborhood and is located centrally to make all amenities easily accessible to the new residents. The facility houses a leasing/management office, a large multi-purpose room and an educational center including administrative offices and a computer classroom. Additionally, the clubhouse consists of a community room, a cafe, a fitness center, a computer lab, and a laundry facility. The unique program of the building serves the redevelopment’s mission as an Educational Village.
Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center achieved LEED® certification and serves as the development’s flagship LEED® building. It’s sustainable design features are evident through the predominant east-west orientation, the use of large overhangs, shading devices and glazing to lower electricity costs and the use of local materials.
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church