CATS BLE Sugar Creek Parking Garage
The Sugar Creek Parking Garage is part of the CATS LYNX Blue Light Extension project located along Raleigh Street at the North End of Charlotte’s historic NoDa neighborhood. The 630-car parking structure will serve commuters for the adjacent light rail line. Standing four stories high, the brick-clad structure will feature 6,000 square feet of street-level office space and incorporate an effective wayfinding signage system. There are pedestrian linkages on the first floor from the adjacent Light Rail Station and the surrounding neighborhoods, connecting users through the building.
Constructed with pre-cast concrete, the parking deck features elements such as brick and glass accents and a light-filled curtain wall on the stair-towers. Perforated metal panels designed with various opening densities provide a rhythmic break resulting in a harmonious structure.
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church