Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
NORTHEAST CORRIDOR (BLUE LINE EXTENSION):
Neighboring Concepts, in association with Glatting Jackson Kercher Anglin Lopez Rinehart consulting team, developed the initial Land Use Planning and Transit Oriented Development Issues and Opportunities for the Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) Northeast Corridor Light Rail station areas. In this process, we analyzed and documented the development potential of the corridor and conceptualized each of the proposed stations for the transit corridor. Additionally, we assisted the consulting team with the definitions of the Urban Design Framework along the corridor.
NORTH CORRIDOR (RED LINE) COMMUTER RAIL STATION AREA PLANS:
Neighboring Concepts, in association with Glatting Jackson, Inc., prepared the land use plans and renderings for the Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) North Corridor Commuter Rail station areas.
Connecting Iredell County, North Carolina to Center City Charlotte, the proposed plans encourage street continuity and recommend connectivity improvements for vicinity areas as large as two square miles.
The plan recommendations for station area development will thoughtfully integrate greenways, neighborhood parks, town squares, and linear parks to create a cohesively interlinked system of public amenities within one-half mile of each station. All development is emphasized at the public realm, promoting activity at street-level and providing attractive tree-lined boulevards. Plans were coordinated with existing local plans and developed through community input in visioning charettes.
- transportation Asheville Regional Airport Security and Identity Management Systems Upgrade
- transportation CATS BLE J.W. Clay Parking Garage
- transportation CATS BLE Sugar Creek Parking Garage
- transportation CATS BLE Sugar Creek Pedestrian Bridge
- transportation CATS BLE University City Boulevard Parking Garage
- transportation CATS I-485 Parking Garage
- transportation CATS LYNX Blue Line Station Finishes
- planning transportation CATS Lynx System Update
- transportation CATS Park and Ride Facilities
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- transportation CPCC Independence Deck
- transportation CPCC Student Deck III
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- preservation transportation Historic Trolley Barn Restoration
- transportation Johnson City Medical Center Employee’s Parking Garage
- transportation Mosaic Village Parking Garage
- transportation NCCU Latham Parking Deck
- transportation UNCC North Deck
- transportation UNCC Union Deck