Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
NORTHEAST CORRIDOR (BLUE LINE EXTENSION):
Neighboring Concepts, in association with Glatting Jackson Kercher Anglin Lopez Rinehart consulting team, developed the initial Land Use Planning and Transit Oriented Development Issues and Opportunities for the Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) Northeast Corridor Light Rail station areas. In this process, we analyzed and documented the development potential of the corridor and conceptualized each of the proposed stations for the transit corridor. Additionally, we assisted the consulting team with the definitions of the Urban Design Framework along the corridor.
NORTH CORRIDOR (RED LINE) COMMUTER RAIL STATION AREA PLANS:
Neighboring Concepts, in association with Glatting Jackson, Inc., prepared the land use plans and renderings for the Charlotte Area Transit System’s (CATS) North Corridor Commuter Rail station areas.
Connecting Iredell County, North Carolina to Center City Charlotte, the proposed plans encourage street continuity and recommend connectivity improvements for vicinity areas as large as two square miles.
The plan recommendations for station area development will thoughtfully integrate greenways, neighborhood parks, town squares, and linear parks to create a cohesively interlinked system of public amenities within one-half mile of each station. All development is emphasized at the public realm, promoting activity at street-level and providing attractive tree-lined boulevards. Plans were coordinated with existing local plans and developed through community input in visioning charettes.
- residential 757 North Apartments
- residential Allen Street Development
- residential Cedar Crest Condominiums
- residential College Park at the Gateway
- residential Eastway Village
- residential Grandin Village
- residential HPHA Single Family Home Build
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- residential Mosaic Village Housing
- residential Oak Park at Third Ward
- residential Renaissance Senior Living (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- residential Skybridge Terrace Condominiums
- residential Summit Greenway Condominiums
- residential Tall Oaks Redevelopment
- residential The Residences at Renaissance
- residential Woodvale Place