CPCC Student Deck III
The Central Piedmont Community College Student Parking Deck III is an 8-tier, 1,002 car, mixed-use parking deck on the edge of CPCC’s Central Campus in Charlotte, NC. The parking deck serves both the private entity of CPCC, and the public entity of Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation to park visitors at the adjacent Historic American Legion Memorial Stadium.
The architecture of CPCC Student Deck III enhances the urban fabric of the area and complements the college’s existing architectural style. The design of the building focuses on the pedestrian experience of the users, while providing the most efficient parking configuration and fluid vehicular circulation. A number of sustainable strategies were integrated into the design, including provisions for a LEED® certifiable office space, induction lighting and a living green wall that is mounted to the ramp portion of the deck and borders the adjacent greenway.
Designed in association with ADW Architects.
2012 IPI Award of Merit
2012 Carolinas Parking Association Parking Awards Competition – New Parking Structure
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan