Eastway Village is a mixed-income community of 30 single family and 16 condominium style units constructed in three phases. Phases I (16 single-family detached units) and Phase II (16 condominium units) were completed in late 2006 and Phase III, an additional 14 single-family detached units is now complete.
Eastway Village is located directly across from the Durham Housing Authority’s HOPE VI site which will include the construction of 83 multi-family units and 42 single family units. The completion of Eastway Village along with the activity at the HOPE VI site will establish the foundation for continued neighborhood improvement in the Northeast Central Durham community.
2008 Housing North Carolina Award for Development Excellence
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church