JCSU Campus Bookstore
As part of an ongoing effort to assist Johnson C. Smith University with the sustainable revitalization for Charlotte’s Historic West End, Neighboring Concepts is working with the Smith family to develop a gas station and brownfield site on the edge of the campus into a new campus bookstore.
The newly designed building will quadruple the size of the existing bookstore and provide students, faculty and staff with a fully operational print shop. The project site was targeted by the Urban Land Institute Study as being a prime location to help catalyze development along the West Trade Street Corridor.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan