Oak Park at Third Ward
Neighboring Concepts provided both architectural and development services for the developer, Bank of America and The Committee to Restore and Preserve Third Ward CDC. The stakeholders envisioned a design that would offer a range of housing options and prices, and would attract a diverse population to the near uptown neighborhood.
The result was 38 units of town homes and condominiums on a two-acre infill site adjacent to Frazier Park in the Third Ward community. The design, which was created in collaboration with the community, includes town homes with large front porches and craftsman style details that relate to the character of Third Ward’s existing historic homes.
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church