Renaissance Senior Living (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
The Senior Living facility is Phase I of The Renaissance, the Charlotte Housing Authority and Laurel Street Residential’s redevelopment of a 40-acre former public housing site. Designed as an affordable independent living facility for seniors, it encompasses a resort-like experience for the residents providing a partially enclosed courtyard with a community garden, gazebo and covered patio seating. The four-story building consists of 110 single-bedroom units, a 4,000 sf amenities clubhouse and a leasing/management office.
Adjacent to the courtyard is a community room tailored with coffered ceilings and a working fireplace that creates a lodge-like ambiance. The building’s 4-story presence along the main street helps to define the urban design of the neighborhood.
The Renaissance is anticipated to become one of the first of Charlotte area developments to achieve LEED for Neighborhood Development certification with the Senior Living facility being EarthCraft certified. Neighboring Concepts is the green development consultant of all design work and is managing the various green certification efforts of the development.
Architecture designed in association with Cari Jones Architecture.
- residential 757 North Apartments
- residential Allen Street Development
- residential Cedar Crest Condominiums
- residential College Park at the Gateway
- residential Eastway Village
- residential Grandin Village
- residential HPHA Single Family Home Build
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- residential Mosaic Village Housing
- residential Oak Park at Third Ward
- residential Renaissance Senior Living (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- residential Skybridge Terrace Condominiums
- residential Summit Greenway Condominiums
- residential Tall Oaks Redevelopment
- residential The Residences at Renaissance
- residential Woodvale Place