Renaissance Senior Living (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
The Senior Living facility is Phase I of The Renaissance, the Charlotte Housing Authority and Laurel Street Residential’s redevelopment of a 40-acre former public housing site. Designed as an affordable independent living facility for seniors, it encompasses a resort-like experience for the residents providing a partially enclosed courtyard with a community garden, gazebo and covered patio seating. The four-story building consists of 110 single-bedroom units, a 4,000 sf amenities clubhouse and a leasing/management office.
Adjacent to the courtyard is a community room tailored with coffered ceilings and a working fireplace that creates a lodge-like ambiance. The building’s 4-story presence along the main street helps to define the urban design of the neighborhood.
The Renaissance is anticipated to become one of the first of Charlotte area developments to achieve LEED for Neighborhood Development certification with the Senior Living facility being EarthCraft certified. Neighboring Concepts is the green development consultant of all design work and is managing the various green certification efforts of the development.
Architecture designed in association with Cari Jones Architecture.
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Brace YMCA Renovation
- community Carolina Raptor Center Raptor Trail
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Eastway Regional Recreation Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- commercial community Novant Michael Jordan Family Clinics
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church
- community West Charlotte Recreation Center