Stratford Richardson YMCA
Neighboring Concepts provided programming, architectural and interior design and construction administration services for the Stratford Richardson YMCA. This celebrated branch, the first built in West Charlotte in more than 30 years, now sits on 20 acres of land in the heart of Charlotte’s West Boulevard Corridor.
The new YMCA brings welcomed motion, life and energy to the surrounding neighborhood and provides a true “center” for community activity.
• An indoor basketball court,
• An indoor pool with lap lanes for avid swimmers,
• A suspended walking track,
• A fitness center,
• Multipurpose rooms available for community meetings,
• A chapel for reflection and meditation and
• A health room that is staffed daily with registered nurses.
The Stratford Richardson YMCA branch is the only 1 of 4 Charlotte Center City YMCAs to offer extended programs that target families and senior citizens, a full service licensed child care facility and an after school program for 100 children among them. In addition, the NFL’s Charlotte Panthers partnered in to build an outdoor multipurpose field used for youth fall football and soccer programs. A generous contribution from the Charlotte Bobcats made the YMCA’s indoor basketball court a possibility. When kids play sports, they develop skills beyond the court. Through healthy competition kids can discover their personal best, have fun and be part of a team.
The diversity of population and programs at the Stratford Richardson YMCA make it a strong catalyst for the development and resurgence of its adjacent residential neighborhoods.
- transportation CATS BLE J.W. Clay Parking Garage
- transportation CATS BLE Sugar Creek Parking Garage
- transportation CATS BLE Sugar Creek Pedestrian Bridge
- transportation CATS BLE University City Boulevard Parking Garage
- transportation CATS I-485 Parking Garage
- transportation CATS LYNX Blue Line Station Finishes
- transportation CATS Park and Ride Facilities
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- transportation CPCC Independence Deck
- transportation CPCC Student Deck III
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- preservation transportation Historic Trolley Barn Restoration
- transportation Johnson City Medical Center Employee’s Parking Garage
- transportation Mosaic Village Parking Garage
- transportation NCCU Latham Parking Deck
- transportation UNCC North Deck
- transportation UNCC Union Deck