Our team has worked with UNCC Parking Services since 2003. Recently, Neighboring Concepts served as the Associate Architect for the North Deck. The North Deck accommodates the student housing in the Northwest Quadrant of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s campus.
North Deck is a six-story facility with 1,171 parking spaces, used by resident and commuter students and faculty and staff. The structural system is cast-in-place, post-tensioned concrete with a brick veneer façade and precast concrete accents consistent with campus architectural standards. Brick elements were cast into the precast spandrels greatly reducing labor costs and enhancing durability. A monumental stairway in the front of the deck provides efficient egress and is a striking architectural feature on the front-facing elevation. Other design features include an integrated, covered bus stop, bicycle racks, energy efficient induction lighting, convenient one-way drive aisles and angled parking, and white painted ceilings to enhance the user experience with daylight-level brightness, even at night. Conduit is already in place for future placement of gates and pay station equipment.
Designed in association with ADW Architects, Architect of Record.
2012 Carolinas Parking Association Parking Awards – New Parking Structure
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning transportation Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning transportation Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan