Located adjacent to the Student Union, the Union Deck accommodates more than 1,000 cars and serves students, faculty and visitors. Seizing the opportunity to use nature’s offerings to transform a traditionally dark space, the design team introduced an internal light well that allows natural light and ventilation to flow throughout the parking deck. The well also provides a clear pedestrian link to the primary vertical core of the building. The skin of the building, clad in brick and precast, remains consistent with the character of the surrounding buildings on the UNC-Charlotte Campus.
Designed in association with ADW Architects.
- community 2012 Democratic National Convention
- community Dr. John T. Crawford Renaissance Center
- community Fuller & Dudley Museum of Entrepreneurship
- community Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- community preservation Historic Second Ward Gymnasium Renovation
- community Howard Levine Child Development Center
- community Ivory Baker Recreation Center
- community Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
- community Revolution Sports Academy
- community Romare Bearden Park
- community Stevens Creek Nature Preserve
- community Stratford Richardson YMCA
- community University Park Baptist Church