Located adjacent to the Student Union, the Union Deck accommodates more than 1,000 cars and serves students, faculty and visitors. Seizing the opportunity to use nature’s offerings to transform a traditionally dark space, the design team introduced an internal light well that allows natural light and ventilation to flow throughout the parking deck. The well also provides a clear pedestrian link to the primary vertical core of the building. The skin of the building, clad in brick and precast, remains consistent with the character of the surrounding buildings on the UNC-Charlotte Campus.
Designed in association with ADW Architects.
- planning Augusta Avenue Outdoor & Community Arts Market
- planning Beatties Ford Road Corridor Small Area Plan
- planning Charlotte Area Transit System | North and Northeast Corridor
- planning Charlotte Area Transit System | Southeast and West Corridor Station Envelope Planning
- planning Charlotte CityLYNX Gold Line Corridor
- planning transportation Durham-Orange Light Rail Transit
- planning First Ward Development Master Plan
- planning Gaston County Transit Oriented Development Study
- planning residential Levine First Ward Apartments
- planning Renaissance Master Plan (Formerly Boulevard Homes)
- planning Southside Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
- planning St. Paul Baptist Church Master Plan
- planning Wesley Heights Revitalization Plan